The new bot has two motors, the second is attached to the smaller wheel. Since it has a 2:1 gear ratio, the smaller wheel goes twice the speed.
The last trial runs were:
2.9 - 3.1 range
- There are no magnets other then the ones inside the motors :D
- There is ghetto wiring currently installed on the bot and there has not been any programming set on the controller yet.
- When the power is manually cut at the top of the pole, it slowly goes back down the pole.
- It is very picky of it's center of gravity. The bot will fall off the pole if a wheel is too far in.
- The wheels were shaved down to the shape of the pole, as well as adding grip to it.
Copyright 2011, Sachem Robotics